Tegan 7

 

Photo: from Google

Tegan: fair lady

Tegan admired the scenery of the restaurant as they walked to their table. It had exquisite chandeliers hanging from the ceilings. The tables were also beautified with vases of flowers. She held her rose flower in her right hand while Dozie held her left. He guided them to their table which was at a corner. They could see the beautiful outdoors because the window was beside them. He brought out a chair for her to sit, before he went to the other end of the table to sit too. It was a round table, not to small and not too big.
 As soon as they sat, a waiter came to take their order. She was dressed in a white shirt and a black trouser. She even had a bow tie. Tegan thought she looked cute.
Tegan dropped her rose and her bag on the table and picked up the menu which was also on the table. She perused it for about a minute before she ordered.
“Hmm, I’ll just have your spaghetti and fried chicken. Thank you.”
“Spaghetti and fried chicken it is. What about you sir?” the waiter asked Dozie.
“You could get me what the lady ordered too.”
“No, Dozie. Get something else. That way, we both get to sample each other’s meal,” Tegan suggested.
Dozie chuckled, “All right.” He picked up the menu and went through it.
“So, I’ll have your fried rice and kebab and salad.”
“Coming right up. As you wait, would you like some wine?” the waiter asked them.
“Yes, please. Red wine.” Dozie said for both of them.
The waiter left and in two minutes, another waiter, a young man this time, brought a bottle of wine and two glasses for them. He opened it and poured into the two glasses before leaving.
Tegan picked up her glass and sampled the wine.
“Mhmm, this is nice,” she said. She took another sip of it.
“Really?” Dozie asked, picking up his own glass. “You’re right. It is nice.”
“I am usually picky with my wines. Yeah, I’m a wine person,” she added when Dozie gave her a look.
“Another interesting thing about you. I like beer. Yeah, I’m a beer person, but wines aren’t so bad.”
“Wines aren’t so bad?” Tegan glared at him. “Wines are classy and exquisite. Red and white alike. Beer, I don’t know what to say about that.”
“You don’t know what to say about them because you don’t take them.”
“Oh, I’ve tried taking beer, believe me. But it’s nothing compared to wines.”
As Dozie laughed at her defense for wines, their food arrived and they dug in.
“Oh my gosh,” Tegan had her eyes closed as she savored her spaghetti, “this spaghetti is so good.”
“I’m glad you like it,” he said to her, eating from his fried rice, with his fork and knife.
“I was skeptical choosing it. No spaghetti can beat Taylor’s. I can’t use this knife.” She dropped the knife and used just the fork to eat her food.
He laughed, she was really cracking him up. “You’re a foodie, Tegan.”
“Excellent observation, Chidozie. Yes, I am a foodie. And Taylor is a wonderful cook. I try to do some things in the kitchen sha.”
“Maybe I’ll cook for you someday.”
“You cook?”
“Yes I do. I learnt from the best cook, my mama.”
“More points for you in my scorecard. I’d love to eat something you cook,” she said, sipping her wine.
“That would be an honor. But, wait a second, you have a scorecard? For me?” He asked her, clearly amused.
She swallowed her laugh, with the spaghetti too.
“Anyway,” he said, letting that question slide, “I’ve always wanted to ask, who’s older, between you and Taylor?” 
“Taylor is. I came out 2 minutes later.”
“Oh, that’s nice.”
She looked at him then, a cloud of worry descended on her face. He raised his head to look at her and noticed her countenance.
“What is it?”
“Aren’t you bothered that I’m, you know…” she took in a deep breath. “Aren’t you bothered that I’m older than you?”
“No,” he said simply, looking straight into her eyes.
“Okay, even if you weren’t bothered, maybe your friends or your family—”
“Tegan stop,” he dropped his cutlery to speak, “just stop talking. I don’t care if my friends don’t approve of who I date. You know why? Cos I’m dating the most wonderful woman in the world right now. And as for my family, my parents are the nicest and most understanding people on Earth. They’ll love you whenever they meet you.”
“You’re forgetting your sister,” she said.
“I can handle Cynthia.” He took her hand across the table and rubbed her palm with his thumb. “Please don’t let anything ruin this night for you. For us.” 
She smiled, “okay. Nothing is gonna ruin it.”
“That’s it, keep smiling.”
They went back to eating and talked about different things over the course of their meal. Tegan even tried out his fried rice. When they were done eating, Dozie asked if she’d like to take a walk in the garden of the restaurant. She agreed and they went outside to enjoy the evening. She had her hand hopped in his, her rose in the other hand.

Some other people were there too, either walking in the garden or sitting in the chairs provided. The scenery was really romantic, with the flowers and fountain. The drip drop sounds of the water was like soft music to the ears. The full moon wasn’t left out of the scenery as it shed its white, dim light on the garden and the fountain. The whole place was magical. Tegan wondered why she didn’t know such a place existed. Thrillers was the name. Of course, she knew the answer. She hadn’t dated in a long while, a really long while. Romance was like a dream to her, now it was a reality. She was grateful for the silent walk, then she remembered something and decided to ask.

“Can I ask you something?”
“Yeah, you can,” he replied.
“We’re you jealous of Kyrian?”
Dozie felt his face heat up. He didn’t know how long he had stayed quiet, because she spoke again.
“Taylor was right, your silence confirms it. You were jealous of him.” She laughed then, “I’m sorry, it’s just a bit hilarious.”
“Hahaha, by all means, have a good laugh.” He rolled his eyes at her.
“It’s also kinda cute. I don’t remember the last time someone had been jealous because of me.” They had stopped walking and were facing each other, beside the fountain. He had his hands in his pocket.
“Why do I find that difficult to believe? Tegan, you’re gorgeous, any man in his right senses would want to be with you.”
“I guess I wasn’t looking at them.”
“I guess I should be glad you looked at me.” He pulled her to himself, his hand behind her back. Her back which was bare and soft. The smooth skin teased him. “And yes, I was jealous. The thought of another man spending time with you annoyed me.” He brushed his finger on her face. He looked at her lips and he became oblivious of his surrounding.
“Do you remember the first time I kissed you, fair lady?” he asked her, teasing her lips with his fingers.
“I can’t forget that even if I wanted to. I replayed it in my head a million times,” she responded, melting in his touch.
“I had thought of doing it all evening that day. The same way I have thought of it this evening. Let’s have something for you to replay, shall we?” He took her mouth again. This time, it wasn’t slow. It also wasn’t fast. It was killing. He took his time to explore every part of her mouth. She wound her hand round his neck. She almost dropped the rose, if not that it was too important to her. She didn’t know when she lifted her right leg back up, like the movies.
“There,” he said, after breaking the kiss, “something much more exciting to replay. Now, let’s get you home.” He took her to the car and they drove to her house.
“Tonight was great, Dozie. Thanks again for a wonderful time,” she said, unhooking her seat belt.
“Thanks for going out with me,” he said, looking at her. “Ahh, screw it.” He took her mouth again and this time, it was fast. They were both hungry for each other. He pulled her to himself and she sat on him, her legs on both sides of his laps. She dug her fingers through his hair while his hands ravaged her back. He wanted to feel more flesh, but he knew he had to stop. He had to control himself. When she said something incoherently, he managed an, “mhmm?” and continued kissing her.
“She laughed in between kisses and finally voiced out, “I’m not having sex with you in your father’s car.”
“Oh shit! I’m sorry, I’m so sorry,” Dozie apologized and kept his hands to himself. She still sat on him. She was still driving him crazy.
“Relax, I was only teasing,” she trailed her fingers on his face. 
“You’re driving me crazy, Nneoma, but I want you to know this isn’t about sex.”
“So you don’t want to have sex with me?” she asked, raising one eyebrow.
“Of course I want to have sex with… Jeez!” He took in a deep breath before speaking again. “You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”
“Maybe,” she chuckled.
“Nneoma, listen to me. I want you to know that I really care about you. This is important to me. What we have already is important to me. It was never really about only sex. I enjoy your company. I enjoy being with you. If sex comes out of it, so be it. If it doesn’t, so be it.”
“Hmm, first of all, you’ve called me Nneoma, twice. Shhhh,” she hushed him when he started to say something, “I like you calling me Nneoma. Secondly are you sure you'll be okay if you don’t get sex?”
“I’ve had my fair share of it.”
“That’s not an answer.”
He exhaled, “darling, I’m okay with whatever it is you give.”
She thought of saying something, but decided against it. They’d talk some other time.
“That’s okay. Anyway, I’m sure your father’s car has had enough adventure for the night.”
He laughed at that and she got off him. She picked up her rose and her bag and was about to open the door when he stopped her.
“Do you like karaoke?”
“I don’t hate it. I think I’ve been to it once or twice.”
“Would you like to go for one, maybe next weekend?”
“I’d love too. Good night, Dozie.” She got out before he thought of opening the door for her.
He decided to take a minute to get himself when she went into her compound. That was one bumpy ride. He drove off with a lot of thoughts in his head.



                          ***
“You guys made out in the car?” Taylor gasped at Tegan’s story.
“I’m going to stop telling you everything, Tay.” Tegan rolled her eyes at her sister as she undressed.
“And he called you Nneoma at his vulnerable state. You’re one bad girl, Nneoma,” Taylor teased.
“Taylor!”
“Okay, I’m sorry,” Taylor apologized. With genuine concern, she asked her sister. “Did you tell him?”
“No, I didn’t tell him.”
“Why not?”
“I couldn’t at the moment. We’ll have more dates. I can tell him at one of them. I’m enjoying myself to ruin it.” She sat in front of her mirror, took out some wipes to clean her makeup.
“If her runs away because of that, then he’s not worthy of you, Tee.”
“Maybe so.” She paused to look at herself, before she continued wiping off makeup.
“I’m going to leave you to clean up. I’m happy you’re happy.”
“Thanks love.”
Taylor left her alone with her thoughts.

                                                                                                ***
Business was going smoothly for Cynthia. The entire week had been bubbling. She had had a lot of orders this Saturday especially. Soon, she’ll have enough to change her car, move out of her parents house and possibly enjoy a vacation. She decided she deserved a treat after her hardwork. She treated herself with ice cream and a movie on her laptop, while her brother was busy with whoever he was with. She was surprised he was serious about a girl. He always had different ladies. She couldn’t get over their dad giving him permission to use the Land Rover to impress the girl the last Friday. Today, he took it again to go out. Anyway, the flame would die off soon enough. They always did. 
She laughed at something in the movie when her phone rang. She checked the caller ID, Tope.
Hello, Tope, how far na?” she said as soon as she answered the call.
Cindy mama, I dey oh. You just dey chop your money alone, forget your girl,” the lady on the other end of the line responded.
Cynthia laughed, “no be so, my friend. Business just dey tight this week. E be like everybody wan marry.”
“My dear, no be say you just talk. Anyway, how far that your bobo?”
“Which one? Peter?”
“Oshey, she get them plenty. Be like na Peter be im name.”
“Abeg abeg, e don cut. He no get sense.”
Tope laughed, “babe you mean oh. Seriously?”
“If they’re not my standard, I let them off, sharp sharp.”
“Na your way. How that your fine brother sef?”
“Dozie, em dey. He comot. I sure say na woman em go see.”
“Ehen, speaking of that. I think I saw him last week. On Friday, yes, the public holiday. If you see the babe he was with. She fresh die, Cynthia.”
“Ahan, you mean am?”
“I dey lie for you before? In fact, I even snapped them and made a video of them kissing in that expensive restaurant, Thrillers.”
“First of all, so Dozie has money to go to Thrillers. Secondly, eww at my brother kissing. Finally, send the picture and video, let me see the girl na.”
“I go send am go your WhatsApp now now when I end call.”
“Thank you my dear. I’m happy you called.”
They talked about other stuff before the call ended. About two minutes later, a video and a picture came in through Tope. She opened the picture and screamed with horror.
“What the fuck!”
She downloaded the video and watched her brother kiss the very woman she disliked beside a fountain.
“He had no shame, kissing her like that, in front of everyone. Ha, Dozie.”
She heard a horn and recognized it as the horn of the Land Rover. 
“Perfect timing, Dozie. Perfect timing.” She got up from her bed, her phone in her hand and left her room. She went to Dozie’s and stood at the door, waiting for him to come up the stairs. She heard him greet and chat with their mother in the living room before bounding up the stairs. He was smiling from chin to chin before he saw her and frowned.
“Why are you standing in front of my room?” he asked her.
“Where are you coming from?”
“Again, none of your business, Cynthia,” He said, unlocking his door.
“It is my business oh. It is my business.” She followed him inside and shut the door behind her.
“Cynthia, I just got back home. I need to change. Please leave my room.”
“You just got back from seeing a cougar, right?”
He wrinkled his face, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
“You lie, Chidozie. You know what I’m talking about. Did she force you? Did she force you take her out and kiss her like that?”
“Cynthia, I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
“I’m talking about your date on Friday. I have a picture of you with her. Tope sent me the picture. She even sent a video of you kissing her. Kissing Tegan.” She said the name with disgust.
Dozie’s face fell, “a what? A picture and video?”
“Yes.”
“Let me see.”
“Hell no. Now tell me, did she force you?”
Dozie put his face in his hands and sat on his bed. He didn’t say anything.
“Did she force you? Answer me.
“She didn’t, for crying out loud!”
“What?”
“You heard me. Tegan didn’t force me to do anything. I kissed her because I wanted to. I go out with her because I want to. I go out with her because I really like her.”
“Are you mad? Are you high or something?”
“No, I’m neither of those. She’s a wonderful person. Why wouldn’t I like her?”
“You like an older woman? Are you listening to yourself, Chidozie?”
“So what if she’s older than I am?”
“So, you’re now a gigolo? Ehn, okwaya.”
He stopped talking, exasperated.
“I don’t believe you. She probably jazzed you the way she jazzed—”
“Isaac. The way she jazzed Isaac, right?”
Cynthia was stunned, just for a brief moment. But she regained her composure.
“Anyway, I don’t care what she told you. It’s clear you have been brain washed. I knew it. I knew something was up since you started seeing her. You’ve been AWOL. You’ve been disrespectful to me—”
“Not everything is about you, Cynthia.”
“You’re still rude. Wow. She has no shame. Her junior in the office. She has been frolicking with her junior. But I know what to do.”
“What are you going to do?” Dozie asked, icily.
“You seem to forget that I put you in Fashion Today. Which means, I know people. I have a video of her tongue down your throat,” she said, holding her phone up, “all I have to do is send the video to someone and her career is over.”
“You wouldn’t do that, Cynthia.” He stood and faced her.
“Of course I will. First she stole a guy I love, now she wants to steal my brother. No way, her plans won’t work.”
“For the love of God, Cynthia. Tegan didn’t do anything. I went after her, I chased her. This thing is mutual. And she didn’t steal anyone from you, she never even liked the guy.”
“Is that what she told you? Are you that gullible? Of course you are, you have been jazzed. Let me even send the video to Mrs. Awoshika.” She unlocked her phone and was about to do send the video when Dozie dragged it from her hand. He found the video. He watched it. It was definitely he and Tegan. He deleted it as Cynthia tried to drag the phone from him. He wondered why he had kissed Tegan beside the fountain.
“Delete it all you want, but Tope still has it. I can always tell her to send it to me again.” She smirked at him.
“What do you want, Cynthia? Just say it.”
“I want her to suffer. I want her to be punished for doing something so degrading as sexually harassing her junior, both in age and at work. Most especially, my baby brother.”
“I’m not a baby, Cynthia. I can take care of myself. I wasn’t sexually harassed. Far from it. You don’t have to be extra about this.”
“Oh, but I have to. She needs to be taught a lesson.”
Dozie almost yelled. Everything had been going great. He and Tegan had enjoyed themselves at the karaoke just some minutes ago. Now it felt like his world was crashing. And it was his own sister who was the one trying so hard to crash his world by trying to destroy the woman he liked. The woman he was falling in love with. He wasn’t going to let that happen.
“I'll stay away from her.”
“What did you say?” she asked, her hands on her hips.
“I said, I’ll stay away from her. I won’t go out with her again. You could even use the Land Rover to do whatever the hell you want, but please, don’t send that video anywhere. Just let Tegan be. Please.” Dozie pleaded with her.
 It was the only thing he could think of at the moment. He’d find a way to get to Tope, that lousy gossip and delete the video from her phone. Now he had to deal with Cynthia.
Cynthia thought for a moment. It would kill Tegan if the person she wanted didn’t want her back. That was enough suffering, for the moment. She’d still get the video from Tope. Maybe tweak it a bit.
“You’ll stay far a way from her?”
“Her sister’s wedding is next Saturday, I was invited.”
“Well, I was invited too. And I like Taylor. You won’t speak to Tegan at the wedding.”
He exhaled, “yes, Cynthia.”
“You’ll maintain your distance from her at the office.”
“Yes.”
“Don’t test me, Dozie. I have eyes and ears at your office. I would know if you’re not doing what you said you’d do.”
“Yes, Cynthia,” he said through gritted teeth. “I completely understand.”
She smiled, “good. I’m glad we can agree on something. You can change now and probably wash off every stench of Tegan. See you later.” She left him alone to wonder how he’d get out of the mess.


Comments

  1. Hmm I'm beginning to to really dislike Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dislike Cynthia already, no wonder she has no man

    ReplyDelete
  3. I expected trouble. But I didn't expect it to come like this. Olivia you've done a wonderful job again! Nice one! 💯💯

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone should send me Cynthia's address, I want to ask her something

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a dark cloud. This is getting interesting day by day😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My sister's wedding

Dare to Dance

My Sister's wedding II