Rebound III





Dear Ify,

Just keep glimpsing all my tales. 
My days now revolve round Kevin. I see him almost everyday and talk to him everyday. He said, “Whenever I’m with you, I don’t want to go home, or I just want to take you home."
 I said, “I have a home but it’s not yours”.
He said he is in love with me already.
Jeez, is it possible to fall in love with someone like that?
I mean, don't you need to actually know the person.
He said, “That’s what I’ve been doing these past months, getting to know you, going out with you, talking with you, even going to church with you cos you insisted, kissing your grape coated lips. It’s enough to fall in love with you.”

I told him to follow me to church to pursue him oh, the guy still stayed.

I said, “You don’t know about the skeletons that sleep with me all night instead of staying in the cupboard where they belong.”
He said, “Just let me love you, Karen.”
“I’ll think about it,” I replied.

Just then, devil wanted to shine.
 I saw Eric oh!
In fact, he walked up to us.
I can feel you cringing.
“Karen, what a surprise to see you here, who are you with?”
“Err, well…" I was dumbfounded.
The idiot had the nerve to introduce himself. “I’m Eric, her ex, you are?”
"I’m Kevin, her boyfriend, and we were just leaving.” Kevin said.
God bless Kevin and his way of talking oh.
“That was the bastard that hurt you, right?” he asked me.
“Yeah.” I simply said, cos I was just still shaking.
“He doesn’t know what he’s lost, but good for me.” he actually winked at me.
He kissed me goodnight but I can’t sleep at all.

Ify, this no longer feels like a rebound. I’ve fallen for him already, I know you warned me, please stop shouting.

I’m in love with the rebound. I am laughing at the mama that just wanted to play.
Terrific.
What do I do?
What if he just wants to play with the guitar and ruin the strings then disappears?
I don’t want to get hurt again but I can’t live without him now.
My relationship with Eric like Arianna Grande’s "Problem" and now my relationship with Kevin like her "Side to Side."
 I don’t want to give him up. Isn’t my love life one funny love song?
Ify, see, I’m not even jonzing at all, I don’t know what to do.
Ify, what can you tell your girl?
                                                                            Love,
                                                                            Karen.

Comments

  1. I'm not Ify but I can tell the girl to take things slowly

    ReplyDelete
  2. “You don’t know about the skeletons that sleep with me all night instead of staying in the cupboard where they belong”.....This right here is how I know your stories are going to go far, that line really captures a feeling that I could not have expressed any better ....and I would know, as I'm a fellow participant in the rebound exercise...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear i dint read others but dis is beautiful....my advice to keren is to love him already

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sha like the new relationship

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My sister's wedding

My Sister's wedding II

Dare to Dance