Louise III


Wednesdays were annoying and boring. I had only four lectures but that was the worse part of it. From 8am- 12noon, non-stop. Sometimes I slept during the 10 o’clock class because it was more boring than the others. This Wednesday, however, was looking promising. I had a date. I had a date! I had to scream. After that Sunday evening, Obinna and I sort of clicked. We chatted, texted, talked on the phone at length, saw in school. Onyinye was pleased, her Sunday plan worked it’s magic. The day he asked me out, Onyinye just had to be there. “Hey, Lou, Onyinye, how are you ladies doing today?” Obinna asked as he approached us. “We are wonderful, thanks for asking”, Onyinye replied, grinning mischievously, before I could say anything. I gave Obinna a hug and he pulled me aside for a minute. “Are you free Wednesday evening? I want to buy you dinner and see a movie with you”, he asked. I was shocked, I couldn’t believe it but I said yes before I could over think what just happened. He said goodbye to us and Onyinye started talking. “Hmm, your name is now Lou, okwaya”, Onyinye inquired, “oya, what did he say to you that made you blush like that?” “He asked me out”, I blurted out. “Wow, finally, your dream has come to pass”, Onyinye said, jubilating, “now, let’s go find something you’ll wear.”
I told her where he was taking me to, so she decided she had the best outfit for me. When we got to the lodge, she took me straight to her room. “Fortunately, I have something that you can wear”, Onyinye said, going through her wardrobe. She brought out a red jumpsuit and helped me put it on. It fitted perfectly, I was speechless. “Now, that’s why you have friends like me”, Onyinye said proudly, “I’ll help with your makeup too.” I hugged her and left. So that day, I came back from school tired, I slept a little, took my bath, ate and worked on some assignments. Around 4pm, Onyinye came with her makeup box and began working on my face. She put weird things on my face, but I looked really beautiful when she was done. Obinna came to pick me around 5pm, the movie we wanted to see was scheduled for 5:30. We arrived on time, the cinema wasn’t far and he bought the tickets. We saw Kingsman and it was wonderful. Obinna put his arm over my chair once in a while. It was almost romantic.
After the movie, we went to have dinner which was needed cos I was hungry. I ordered for fried rice, salad and chicken, so did he. We also ordered drinks. As we ate, we talked about our day, the movie we saw and other things “You look gorgeous this night, Lou”, Obinna said, looking into my eyes. “Thanks”, was all I could say. When we were done, we walked for a while and Obinna began to speak again. The air around me suddenly became hot. “I’ve always admired you, from afar, you are smart, beautiful, fun to be with, you talk intelligently, you are focused and have a good heart. The few moments I spent with you was enough to make me fall. I’ve fallen for you.” “I’ve fallen for you too”, I blurted out. He laughed and asked me a question I’ve never been asked in my entire life, “Would you be my girlfriend?” “Wow, that was unexpected”, I said. “Yeah, I’m sorry, I just couldn’t hold it anymore, I understand if you don’t want it”, Obinna replied. “No, you don’t understand, I can’t forget you asked”, before I could stop myself, I kissed him on the lips. It was abrupt and the worse kiss in the history of kisses. I immediately turned to leave, but he turned me around and kissed me back. This time, I kissed him properly. Under his breath, he asked, “Is that a yes?” I smiled and answered, “It’s definitely a yes.” We continued our walk, holding hands and sharing jokes. I could only imagine what Onyinye would say. I got the guy I wanted. I was happy with that achievement at the moment.

Comments

  1. 😄😄😄😄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehehe....Liv Liv. Nigeria's Nora Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwn... I hope my own crush story turns out like this.
    Well-done hun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that story just makes you want to fall in love😭.....well written ebube...waiting for more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My sister's wedding

My Sister's wedding II

Dare to Dance